- Better Buildings Workforce Guidelines Fact Sheet
- Better Buildings Workforce Guidelines Webinar Slides (11/07/13)
- Path to Better Buildings Workforce Guidelines Infographic
Draft Commercial Workforce Job Task Analysis (2011)
In 2011, DOE and the National Renewable Energy Laboratory convened commercial building professionals to develop six draft Job/Task Analyses (JTAs). A JTA identifies the tasks performed in a specific job, and the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform those tasks. DOE is partnering with the National Institute of Building Sciences to engage industry experts in the review and revision of these JTAs as the first step in developing the new Better Buildings Workforce Guidelines.
Draft JTAs for the following occupations are available below. DOE recommends that industry stakeholders wait until the revisions are complete in mid-2014 before modifying any training or certification programs to align with the JTAs.
- Commercial Building Energy Auditor
- Commissioning Professional
- Energy/Sustainability Manager
- Facility Manager
- Building Engineer/Technician
Additional Workforce Resources