Heat Loss Calculator
Calculates the energy (heat) loss and outlet steam properties given inlet steam conditions and a % heat loss.
Step 1: Determine Inlet PropertiesUsing the Steam Property Calculator, properties are determined using Inlet Pressure and the selected second parameter (Temperature, Specific Enthalpy, Specific Entropy, or Quality). The Specific Enthalpy is then multiplied by the Mass Flow to get the Energy Flow:
- Inlet Energy Flow = Specific Enthalpy * Mass Flow
Step 2: Determine Outlet Energy Flow after Heat Loss
- Outlet Energy Flow = Inlet Energy Flow * ( 1 - Heat Loss (%) )
Step 3: Determine Outlet PropertiesThe outlet specific enthalpy is determined from energy and mass flows:
- Outlet Mass Flow = Inlet Mass Flow
- Outlet Energy Flow = Outlet Mass Flow * Outlet Specific Enthalpy
- Outlet Specific Enthalpy = Outlet Energy Flow / Inlet Mass Flow
- Inlet Mass Flow equals Outlet Mass Flow.
- Baseline (0 Energy Flow) is set at the triple point for water.
- % Heat Loss is relative to the Baseline.