- August 20, 2018 | 8 a.m. EDT | Cleveland, OH
This Energy Exchange pre-workshop introduces procedures to safely and cost-effectively perform operations and maintenance (O&M) for photovoltaic (PV) systems and covers PV system inspection, operations, preventative and corrective maintenance, O&M plans, safety and budgeting.
Upon completion of this workshop, attendees will:
- Understand the current state of O&M costs and outcomes
- Consider safety in PV O&M activities
- Identify any deficiencies in the products or installation
- Prepare O&M plans and budget
- Ensure plant performs as expected.
- Andy Walker, Principal Engineer, National Renewable Energy Laboratory. Read Bio.
Andy Walker, Ph.D., is principal engineer at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory. He conducts engineering and economic analysis of energy efficiency and renewable energy projects for the Federal Energy Management Program and other non-governmental clients and specializes in assisting various organizations to plan renewable energy projects at multiple sites. Walker also teaches energy classes. He is the author of more than 28 book chapters, journal articles, and conference papers and has been recognized with 11 awards from professional associations and government agencies. He holds Bachelors of Science, Masters of Science, and Doctorate degrees in mechanical engineering from Colorado State University and is a registered professional engineer in Colorado. Close Bio