This Energy Exchange pre-conference workshop will provide information and best practices about cost saving opportunities from demand response and site-based load management. These cost-saving strategies are largely underutilized by the federal government and can often save 10% or more on a site’s electricity bill.
Upon completion of this workshop, attendees will:
- Understand what demand response is in the broadest sense
- Realize the multitudes of ways in which demand response and load management can be conducted
- Recognize the potential for demand response and load management at your own sites and know what research needs to be done to make a fully informed participation choice.
- Phil Coleman, Technical Advisor, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. Read Bio.
Phil Coleman has worked at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) since 1996. He is a technical advisor to the Federal Energy Management Program’s (FEMP) energy savings performance contract (ESPC) program, focusing particularly on utility rates and measurement and verification of savings. Also in support of FEMP, Phil has spearheaded an initiative to educate Federal facilities about efficiency and renewable project incentives, demand response, utilities procurement, and rate-responsive building operation. Internationally, he has advised governments in Mexico, India, Chile, and Jordan about developing public-sector energy conservation programs. Before joining LBNL, Phil prepared market research for a fast-growth alternative air-conditioning company and conducted residential audits and program evaluations for an energy consulting firm. Phil received his Bachelor’s degree from Earlham College (1986) and his Master's of science in energy management and policy from the University of Pennsylvania (1994). He also holds the Association of Energy Engineers’ Certified Energy Manager (CEM) and Certified Measurement and Verification Professional (CMVP) designations. Close Bio
- Jennifer Vukovic, Strategic Account Manager , NRG Energy, Inc. Read Bio.
Jennifer Vukovic, an account manager with NRG Energy, Inc. works hands-on with businesses and government facilities to assess and develop energy management plans through demand-side management, energy efficiency, and additional ancillary opportunities resulting in demand cost reductions. Close Bio