While alternative energy options for fleets are increasingly focused on plug-in electric vehicles, hydrogen offers another option for electrification using fuel cells. Hydrogen fuel cell electric vehicles (FCEV) are no longer vehicles of the future—they are available today. This training provides an overview of FCEV technology and how it can be utilized for Federal fleets. Fueling infrastructure options and safety considerations are included in the training.
By successfully completing this training, the learner will be able to:
- Cite how to achieve Executive Order 16393 (3) targets in fleets and material handling;
- Identify how to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and reliance on traditional fuels;
- Understand how to save money through increased reliability of fleet vehicles/fork trucks;
- Be aware of safety design underlying all FCEV applications; and
- Select hydrogen safety management resources for FCEV applications.