Of the total amount of electric energy the Federal government consumes during any fiscal year (FY), the following amounts shall be renewable energy: not less than 7.5% in FY 2013 and each FY thereafter.
The President, acting through the Secretary, shall seek to ensure that, to the extent economically feasible and technically practicable, of the total amount of electric energy the Federal Government consumes during any fiscal year, the following amounts shall be renewable energy:
(1) Not less than 3% in FY 2007 through FY 2009
(2) Not less than 5% in FY 2010 through FY 2012
(3) Not less than 7.5% in FY 2013 and each fiscal year thereafter.
. . .
For purposes of determining compliance with the requirement of this section, the amount of renewable energy shall be doubled if—
(1) the renewable energy is produced and used on-site at a Federal facility;
(2) the renewable energy is produced on Federal lands and used at a Federal facility; or
(3) the renewable energy is produced on Indian land as defined in title XXVI of the Energy Policy Act of 1992 (25 U.S.C. 3501 et seq.) and used at a Federal facility.