Goal-Based Contracting for Energy Efficient Buildings
Thursday, August 1, 2013
1:30-3:00 pm EDT
Presenter: Paul Torcellini, National Renewable Energy Laboratory; Jason Koman, Department of Energy Building Technology Office
FEMP First Thursday Seminars provide training for Federal energy and environmental professionals. Leading experts address timely topics in 90-minute sessions, offered live via satellite or through streaming video at your desktop. Register now to learn about ways to implement performance-based contracts that achieve high-performance buildings with low energy profiles. Learn about upfront contract provisions that lead to measurable performance benchmarks in building construction and operations.
Discover techniques that result in:
- • Innovation by design teams and contractors to incorporate energy efficiency as part of the design/construction process
- • Minimal additional cost to achieve significant energy savings (in the range of 50% reduction)
- • Owners who are focused on project management, rather than solving design/construction problems
- • Strong communications between owners, design teams, and contractors
- • Best practices, examples, and lessons learned from real experiences in implementing this process.
FEMP CEUs awarded upon successful completion of a multiple choice assessment.
Target Audience: Healthcare Facility Managers and Design Professionals