Adopt high-efficiency lighting for your parking structure
Parking structures and garages are typically lighted by older HID lighting technology without any energy-saving controls. The latest high-efficiency alternatives with energy-saving controls—including light-emitting diode (LED), induction, and fluorescent technology options—can save building owners over 40% on their parking lot lighting bills while delivering additional benefits such as better-lighted spaces.
The Lighting & Electrical team developed a performance specification that can deliver energy savings of about 40% compared to a typical code, and even more with controls.
- Parking Structure Lighting Specification
- Parking Structure Lighting Fact Sheet
- Cleveland Clinic Goes LED in Parking Garages Case Study
- Lighting Measurement and Evaluation Protocol
- Street and Parking Lighting Retrofit Financial Analysis Tool
- Lighting Energy Efficiency in Parking (LEEP) Campaign
- Exterior Lighting for Energy Savings, Security, and Safety