Adopt high-efficiency lighting for your parking lot
Most parking lots are illuminated by older high-intensity discharge (HID) lighting technology without any energy-saving controls. New light-emitting diode (LED) technology can cut parking lot lighting energy bills by 40%, or much more with controls, while delivering additional benefits including long life, reduced maintenance costs, and improved lighting uniformity.
The Lighting & Electrical team developed a performance specification to help building owners take advantage of these improved lighting technologies.
- Parking Lot Lighting Specification
- Parking Lot Lighting Fact Sheet
- Walmart Parking Lot Goes LED Case Study
- Using the Specification: GATEWAY Demonstration Projects
- Lighting Measurement and Evaluation Protocol
- Street and Parking Lighting Retrofit Financial Analysis Tool
- Lighting Energy Efficiency in Parking (LEEP) Campaign
- Exterior Lighting for Energy Savings, Security, and Safety