Overcome complicated/unavailable incentives
Financial incentives can be unavailable and difficult to use to improve the cost of energy-efficiency investments, whole building efficiency, modeling and commissioning.
Outsourcing energy efficiency
- ESCO – An energy services company (ESCO) will assess the energy efficiency opportunity, purchase the equipment necessary to improve performance and install the equipment
- Energy Service Agreements – Agreements are developed where third parties are paid for achieved savings at a property
- On bill financing / on bill repayment – The utility or some other third-party source loans money to the owner, and the owner in turn repays that money through a charge on the utility bill
- Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency – Use this comprehensive database to find city, state, federal, and utility incentives and policies related to energy efficiency and renewables.
- Green Lease Library – Green leases (also known as aligned leases, high performance leases, or energy efficient leases) align the financial and energy incentives of building owners and tenants so they can work together to save money, conserve resources, and ensure the efficient operation of buildings.